New CNC machined batch is here 10/9/2019, decreased weight and compatible with Salsa Anything Cage HD!
New Summer 2019 – some batches of fork clamp mounts are now being machined “in house.” Depending on availability, your order will be fulfilled with either CNC machined or home shop machined parts. See the blog post link below for more information.
Available in 3 bolt or 2 bolt configurations. 3 bolt is default, if you need 2 bolt please note it in your order comments or email us about your order. The 2 bolt configuration at this time is created by carefully cutting and filing the 3 bolt mount shorter – to order to 2 bolt version, specify in the order comments and I’ll trim them down for you.
For fork clamp mount orders only use coupon code – mountsonlyfirstclassmaildiscount – to offset the flat rate shipping. It discounts cart by $7.95, essentially giving you free shipping. Since a typical mount order is under 13 ounces, I can ship via USPS First Class Mail and extend a discount to these orders.
Mount Everything Bags or other large bottle cages to your rigid fork, suspension fork, downtube, E-bike, or anywhere else it may be useful.
Also works great for mounting some types of e bike batteries.
- High load bearing capability – the mount will easily handle any load you’re willing to carry
- Three M5x0.8 holes at 2.500 inch spacing will mount any 3 hole bottle cage on the market. 2 hole bottle cages will also fit, there’s just an extra screw hole (cut that part off with a hacksaw if you want, or ask and I’m happy to make this modification).
- 1/2″ thread depth allows a variety of bags and cages to bolt to the mount without bottoming out the bolts.
- Mounts securely with three stainless steel hose clamps.
- Installs in minutes with only a flathead screwdriver or ¼” nut driver, snap the hose clamp tails off if you want.
- Cutouts in the mount allow the hose clamp screw to be “tucked in” for ease of installation and a lower profile result.
- Mount can be adjusted around braze ons, cables, or other accessories.
- You can even use two mounts on the same fork leg (shared hose clamps) for extra carrying capacity!
- 1.8 ounces for one mount with three hose clamps
- Note the mount may not work with curved leg forks or tapered (top to bottom taper) leg forks (no hassle return if it doesn’t work during installation).
- Note the hose clamps could damage carbon fiber forks, or scuff the paint job. Paint can be protected with a bit of duct tape or old bike tube.
- In the unlikely event of a hose clamp failure, the following two design features will keep you riding
- The design is redundant – one hose clamp breaks, you still have two more, and all three screw mounts on the bag are still supported because of the mount’s one piece design. Move the remaining two clamps to each end of the mount keep riding.
- Replacement hose clamps can be found in almost any hardware store to keep you riding, however, only hose clamps with 5/16″ bandwidth (1/4″ hex) will “tuck in” as with the supplied clamps.
Materials and Construction
- Home shop manual machined or CNC machined 6061-T6 clamp body
- For manual machined batches some signs of hand file finishing will be evident that do not affect the performance of the product in any way
- 3 stainless steel hose clamps, 1.25” – 1.6255” diameter range – please measure your fork ahead of time to be sure this will work!
Warning – Mounting accessories to your fork is potentially hazardous – if anything (a strap, cargo, loose or broken hardware) gets stuck in your front wheel or brake system, a crash could result. Regularly inspect the accessory mounting to be sure it has not shifted or loosened, otherwise severe injury or death could occur!
Shipping is charged as flat rate for simplicity. Carrier is USPS and is typically sent Priority Mail within the 48 contiguous states. USPS First Class Package International is usually used for International shipping. For small orders USPS First Class Package mail is sometimes used.